Indology and "the disastrous ideology of the 'pure Aryan race'"

Jan E.M. Houben j_e_m_houben at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 5 18:13:01 UTC 2007

Dear Reinhold,
I still insist you first have a look at the
articles, to which I drew your kind attention not
only yesterday but also in our extended email
exchange more than two years ago. I am very happy
with my 1995 conference report -- that is why I
pasted it again in a previous message -- but it
is a conference report and not a research paper.
By the way, did you notice that it has become
quite silent on the list since you tried to open
the discussion on the "Indology and the
disastrous ideology of pure Aryan race" topic (on
which see also Halbfass 1988: 139-140)? Let
others read your well-documented and cleverly
argued article liberating each and every German
indologist of the 1900-1945 period from any
possible association with the German government
and its disastrous ideology of the pure Aryan
race, not only the heroic Heinrich Lüders but
also Wüst, Schubring, Sieg, Frauwallner (but he
was Austrian? but didn't he study and publish in
Germany?);  I for my part I am now more and more
looking forward to seeing the announced book.
Cheers,
Jan

--- gruenendahl

http://www.iias.nl/iiasn/iiasn7/south/houben.html):