Indology and "the disastrous ideology of the 'pure Aryan race'"

gruenendahl gruenen at MAIL.SUB.UNI-GOETTINGEN.DE
Fri Jan 5 09:05:14 UTC 2007

On 5 Jan 2007 at 0:48, Jan E.M. Houben wrote:

> Good morning, Reinhold,
> See my previous comments on that memorable
> meeting in Leipzig, and why I referred to the
> mentioned issues of ZDMG ... My position is clear
> to those who take the time to read my previous
> mails on Making the Argument for Sanskrit. I have
> no further comments to add at this moment, and
> still a lot of homework to do among which, yes,
> also writing to the Berlin authorities -- rest
> assured, in my letters to them I will not refer
> to the sensitive period in
> German-European-International indology.
> Cheers,
> JH

Good morning, Jan,
please bear with my ignorance, but which "previous comment" did you have in
mind?

Regards
Reinhold

Dr. Reinhold Gruenendahl
Niedersaechsische Staats- und Universitaetsbibliothek
Fachreferat sued- und suedostasiatische Philologien
(Dept. of Indology)

37070 Göttingen, Germany
Tel (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 52 83
Fax (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 23 61
gruenen at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de

FACH-INFORMATIONEN INDOLOGIE, GOETTINGEN:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindolo.htm
In English:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindole.htm

GRETIL - Goettingen Register of Electronic Texts in Indian Languages
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/gretil.htm