Indology and "the disastrous ideology of the 'pure Aryan race'"

Jan E.M. Houben j_e_m_houben at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 5 11:19:49 UTC 2007

Dear Reinhold,
As for the proposed discussion, since you are
preparing a BOOK on this topic I propose you
FINISH THAT FIRST and I will write a review of
it. Anyway, before or after my coming travels I
don't expect to have anything to add to what I
have stated and published in the mentioned
articles (but apparently you are not interested
in reading those articles because you are too
much attached to your own construct of my
position on the basis of a brief citation from my
conference report). Moreover, most list-members
may not yet have read your article on Indology
and genocide, so I wonder whether a
list-discussion will be very useful now. In the
mean time I will try to get hold of the thesis
which was recently reported to have been defended
in Aix-Marseille with the title "L'extension
anthropologique de la philologie : histoire des
études sanscrites en Allemagne (1808-1914) by
Pascale Rabault-Feuerhahn."
As for your request for my comments, in order not
to burden the list with a repetition, the mail I
sent yesterday to the list starts "With "few
years ago" you are really referring to
my report of the DMG meeting in 1995, more than
TEN years ago?
It follows below. ... " If it did not reach you,
it is available in the archive.
Best, JH

--- gruenendahl

http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindolo.htm