Fwd:

Patrick Olivelle jpo at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Feb 27 02:01:36 UTC 2007

Dear All: I am afraid my first posting of this may have been
corrupted. Hence this second posting. Thanks.

Patrick

  Hindi, Urdu, and Telugu Language positions

The Department of Asian Studies at The University of Texas at Austin
invites applications for three Lecturer positions beginning fall
semester 2007, one each in Hindi, Urdu, and Telugu language.  This is
a one-year appointment with a possibility of continuing based on
performance evaluations and budgetary constraints.  Candidates should
have an advanced degree in some field that relates to language or
linguistics and a record of excellence in teaching.  The selected
candidates will be expected to teach their language at all levels.
For the Hindi and Urdu positions, preference will be given for
candidates who are proficient in both writing systems.  Please send a
letter of interest, current CV, three letters of reference, recent
papers/publications, and relevant syllabi to South Asia Language
Search Committee, Department of Asian Studies, 1 University Station,
G9300, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712.  The
search will continue until an appointment is made.
An AA/EEO employer.