Indus signs discussion

Harry Falk falk at ZEDAT.FU-BERLIN.DE
Wed Feb 14 08:23:02 UTC 2007

Dear all,
I have the feeling that discussing this topic is again getting very
personal and will us lead nowhere. Time will tell if the
no-script-theory holds good or if there is anything of value in Asko's
work. I for one think that his book "Deciphering the Indus Script" from
1994 provides the best reading on how to look at these signs,
irrespective of the Dravidian model he advocates personally.
Academic results don't arise from instant judgements; we have to keep
all arguments in mind, pro and contra, for years, or decades, who knows.
  One day there will be a result, or not.
High-noon on Harrapa lane is not what most of us readers look for on
this page.
Harry Falk