Boehtlingk's Paninis Grammatik

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Wed Apr 11 13:17:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:33:53 +0100
  Dominik Wujastyk <ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK> wrote:
> Thanks, Madhav.  That brings up a page that gives me the
>bibliographical details of the 1887 edition, but that's
>all.  No buttons to click, no "download" possibilities.
> There are links to shops and libraries, but no download.
>
> I guess the "universal library" isn't so universal.

Outside the US, Google blocks access to all public domain
titles published after 1865. From within the United
States, it is possible to view and download books
published before 1923. So you need an IP address in the
USA to access these titles (compare the criticism by K.
Graf, in
http://archiv.twoday.net/stories/1073534/)

The way to fool Google is to use a proxy server with an
American IP address or an anonymizer. But these services
(at least the free ones) generally do not allow
downloading big files. Some time ago, this even worked
from within Google by using Google's "language tools"; put
in a link to a Google Books entry into the field
"Translate webpage" and you have access to the otherwise
blocked page. But nowadays it may not work properly
anymore.

All the best
Peter Wyzlic

--