Burmese palm leaf ms? (fwd) (fwd)

David Magier magier at COLUMBIA.EDU
Fri Sep 29 16:40:40 UTC 2006

Colleagues,
I had forwarded Goerge Thompson's query to the Committee on Research
Materials on South East Asia (CORMOSEA). Here are some of the initial
gleanings from their feedback on the manuscript.

David Magier

------------ Forwarded Message ------------
Date: Friday, September 29, 2006 9:23 AM -0700
From: Christopher Miller <Christopher.A.Miller.1 at asu.edu>
To: David Magier <magier at columbia.edu>
Subject: RE: CORMOSEA: Burmese palm leaf ms? (fwd)

Hi David,

With all due respect to Doug's assistant, I'm going to insist that it's
Lanna. I would be interested to see an Old Burmese (scripted) text that
looks anything like this. (And a good explanation as to why anything
this recent would be written in Old Burmese.) That it's in Pali language
and Theravada is certain. Please do let me know if the owner is
seriously interested in identifying the text or needing a transcription.

Best,
Christopher