Hatha Yoga Pradipika Commentaries

Dominic Goodall dominic.goodall at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 22 05:16:07 UTC 2006

I think it rather unlikely that the Umaapati who wrote the
Ha.thapradiipikaa.tippa.na (NCC, vol. II, p.391, column 2) was the
14th-century "saiva author of the same name.
It seems to me, by the way, that one can one distinguish at least 3
"saiva authors whose works have been ascribed to the same 14th-
century figure (introduction to my edition of the Paraakhyatantra,
pp.cxv--cxix).
Umaapati is simply rather a common name: the NCC distinguishes more
than 30 of them.

Yours, with best wishes,
Dominic Goodall

Dr. Dominic Goodall