Sanskrit texts written in the 18th, 19th, 20th centuries

Walter Slaje slaje at T-ONLINE.DE
Thu May 11 08:10:00 UTC 2006

Dear Jenni Cover,

the book was published in 1990, I had indicated the bibliographic details at
the
end of my earlier message. So, the edition is available anyhow.
Bhaskarakantha,commentator of Abhinavagupta's IPV and of the Moksopaya, also
translator (into Sanskrit) of the "Sayings of Lal Ded" (in early Kashmiri), has
written here an entirely original work of some 5000 Slokas. Using the printed
edition requires the application of conjectural criticism, it is true, but in
the end it is rewarding. Bhaskarakantha's lengthy introduction is in the Kavya
style, and the whole work as such shows a remarkable dedication to refined
language and poetical expression. Simply have a try.
Years back, I had written a paper on Bhaskarakantha's incredibly witty and
original ideas on, and attempts to prove, the consciousness of nature (animals,
plants, and stones), but this was in German and so will hardly be of any use to
you.

Enjoy!

Yours, Walter Slaje

> Rajanaka Bhaskarakantha's Cittanubodhasastram. Ed. by Sushama
> Pandey.Varanasi: Tara Book Agency 1990. (Agamagranthamala.1)

----------------------------------
Prof Dr Walter Slaje
Hermann-Loens-Str. 1
D-99425 Weimar (Germany)
Tel/Fax: +49-(0)3643 501391
www.indologie.uni-halle.de

Ego ex animi mei sententia spondeo ac polliceor
me studia humanitatis impigro labore culturum et provecturum
non sordidi lucri causa nec ad vanam captandam gloriam,
sed quo magis veritas propagetur et lux eius, qua salus
humani generis continetur, clarius effulgeat.
Vindobonae, die XXI. mensis Novembris MCMLXXXIII.