Sanskrit texts written in the 18th, 19th, 20th centuries

Christophe Vielle vielle at ORI.UCL.AC.BE
Wed May 10 07:30:22 UTC 2006

Several surveys of regional Sanskrit literature are useful on this point,
e.g. K. Kunjunni Raja, The contribution of Kerala to Sanskrit literature,
2nd ed. Madras, 1980 (1st ed. 1958). See the chapter "modern poets" pp.
247-274 (note p. 256 that the Yamapra.naama/sataka by Keralavarman has been
recently published with a commentary by P.R. Pillai, Delhi: New Bharatiya
Book Corp., 2005).
Best,
Christophe VIelle

>Greetings,
>
>Can anyone please help me find Sanskrit texts written in the 18th, 19th,
>20th centuries. I am particularly interested in advaita works, or poetic
>works, but any would be most welcome. I am translating an advaita work
>written in the 18th century and would like to compare it with other works
>written at that time or later.
>
>Thankyou,
>Jenni Cover
>PhD Student
>University of Sydney
>Australia

Dr. Christophe Vielle
Centre d'Etudes de l'Inde et de l'Asie du Sud
Institut orientaliste
Place Blaise Pascal 1
B - 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
BELGIUM
Tel. +32-(0)10-47 49 54 or 58 (office)/ -(0)2-640 62 66 (home)
E-mail: christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be