Sanskrit audio-CD announcement

Himal Trikha himal.trikha at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Fri Jul 14 12:22:07 UTC 2006

Dear members of the forum,

I am pleased to announce the release of an audio-CD of the Sanskrit play
"KarNabhAra," which belongs to the so-called Trivandrum plays ascribed
to BhAsa.

The recording was made in March 2006 subsequent to the staging of the
play by students of the Department for South Asian, Tibetan and Buddhist
Studies, University of Vienna. The performance and recording were
inspired by a reading course focussing on the KarNabhAra in winter
semester 2005/06.

The Audio-CD (duration 18 minutes) includes a booklet containing the
Sanskrit text and a German translation. The cost is 12 Euro, excluding
shipping and transaction fees.

Audio samples, more information (play content, documentation of the
staging, etc.) and an order form are to be found under:
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/himal.trikha/lehre/karnabhara/karnabhara.cgi?t=audio
(The language of the site is German; please contact me off-list if you
encounter problems ordering.)

If you would like to review the audio-play, I will be glad to send you a
copy of the CD for free. I would appreciate being informed where the
review will be published.

Sincerely,

Himal Trikha, M.A.
Academic Assistant in Training
Departments of South Asian, Tibetan and Buddhist Studies,
University of Vienna

www.istb.univie.ac.at
homepage.univie.ac.at/himal.trikha/karnabhara