Terms and modes of address

Richard MAHONEY r.mahoney at ICONZ.CO.NZ
Tue Jan 3 04:16:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 15:51, Gregory Bailey wrote:
> Dear Sven,
>
> There is a book written by N.K. Wagle and published in 1965, I think.  I cannot remember the title but it contains a detailed analysis of names of the Buddha when he is being addressed by people from different classes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Greg Bailey

The following?

Main Author:      Wagle, N. K. (Narendra K.)
Title Details:    Society at the time of the Buddha / Narendra Wagle

Publisher:        Bombay : Popular Prakashan, 1966
Physical Desc.:   viii, 314 p ; 23 cm

Notes:            Bibliography: p. 303-307
Subject(s):       India - Social life and customs
                  Buddha
                  India - Social conditions - History
Language:         English

Holding Libraries:  Bristol - Store ; Store 88309
                    Cambridge - University Library, North Front, Floor 6 :
                    630:45.c.95.4
                    Durham - Main Library ; 934 WAG
                    King's College London - Maughan Library, Chancery Lane ;
                    Humanities books HN683 WAG
                    School of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS) - Main
                    Library ; JA305.5 /219824

Best,

 RBM

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: http://indica-et-buddhica.org
Littledene      | telephone/telefax (man.): ++64 3 312 1699