Query

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Fri Feb 24 09:55:07 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:29:15 -0600
  Patrick Olivelle <jpo at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU> wrote:

> Can any of you suggest a relatively brief (50-100 pages)
>and reliable survey of Indian philosophical literature
>(not philosophy per se but philosophical texts) that I
>could use for a seminar on the history of Sanskrit
>literature? Thanks.

In the seventies Hajime Nakamura published an useful
survey of this kind:
Nakamura, Hajime: Religions and philosophies of India : a
survey with bibliographical notes. - Tokyo : Hokuseido
Press, 1973 (containing chap. 1 and 2, introduction and
Brahmanism)
Chapter 3 and 4 were published in typewriter typography:
3. Third Chapter: Hinduism. - Tokyo : Hokuseido Press,
1974
4. Fourth Chapter: Orthodox philosophical systems. - Tokyo
: Hokuseido Press, 1973

Hope it helps
Peter Wyzlic

--