Candelas

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Oct 28 12:41:32 UTC 2005

Dear Indology list members,

I would be grateful for any recommendations regarding
what you think to be the best and most valuable
work on the history and culture of the Candela dynasty.
However, I'm not looking for lists of references such as can be
generated using RLG, WorldCat, etc., and which I know
some of you would generously take time to provide.

The most thorough work I've located so far seems to
be Kes'avaca.mdra Mis'ra, *ca.mdel aur unkaa raajatvakaal*
(Varanasi: Naagariipracaari.nii sabhaa, 1999), though I've
not yet had time to read this in detail. Informed critical
assessments of this work would be most welcome.

Matthew Kapstein
Chicago and Paris