Radha as goddess

Harsha Dehejia harshadehejia at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 22 09:44:59 UTC 2005

Tony:

I do not have a definite reference at this very moment but it would not be
hard to find.

Right from the Gita Govinda where Radha emerges for the first time she
remains a consort for Krishna in the Gaudiya tradition. One sees this in the
many pata chitras of Orissa.

In late Nathawara paintings one also sees this.

While in pushitimarg tradition there is no Radha but merely gopis.

Regrads.

Harsha
Prof. Harsha V. Dehejia
Carleton University