RESOURCE> Catalogus Bibliothecarum Update - NACSIS-CAT available

Richard MAHONEY r.mahoney at ICONZ.CO.NZ
Tue May 24 22:31:36 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,

The past week has seen a good number of our colleagues - notably those
in Japan - using the Asian page of the virtual union catalogue.

I am therefore especially pleased to announce that this page has just
recieved a significant addition. The National Institute of Informatics,
Tokyo, has kindly permitted their cataloging system (NACSIS-CAT) to be
accessed from:

 http://indica-et-buddhica.org/catalogus/asia.shtml

Self description from:

 http://www.nii.ac.jp/CAT-ILL/contents-e/e_ncat_top.html

What is NACSIS-CAT?

NACSIS-CAT is the online cataloging system which NII provides. The main
purpose of the system is to construct the union catalogs of books and
serials covering the whole country through cooperative data entry
(shared cataloging) from participating university libraries.

Outline

NACSIS-CAT has developed smoothly from its origin in 1984. As of March ,
2003, the number of university libraries connected online to NACSIS-CAT
had amounted to 1,000 and the total number of holdings had reached about
70 million (Books: 65.5 million, Serials: 3.8 million).

For more details please refer to:

 http://www.nii.ac.jp/CAT-ILL/contents-e/e_home.html

Best regards,

 Richard MAHONEY

--
Richard MAHONEY | www: indica-et-buddhica.org
Littledene      | phone/fax (man.): +64 3 312 1699