cartography

Dominik Wujastyk d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK
Tue Mar 22 11:16:46 UTC 2005

You might want to be aware of EpiInfo, a free mapping programme that
originated from the epidemiologist community.

It's free, widely-used (and therefore supported) and good.  A new release
came out just last month.  However, it's also complicated, and I
personally have never made much headway in getting the results I wanted
out of it.  I felt that to get started I needed to have a few sessions
with an EpiInfo guru, and there wasn't anyone around who used it.  Perhaps
I needed to spend more time with the online tutorials.

I wanted to do maps of India with bar graphs showing the locations and
relative numbers of MSS of certain texts.

See
   http://www.cdc.gov/epiinfo/

Dominik
--
My calendar/timetable is at http://calendar.yahoo.co.uk/wujastyk/
New postal address: Wellcome Center at UCL, 210 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK.