19th century book

tony k. stewart phitks at UNITY.NCSU.EDU
Sun Jul 24 15:00:30 UTC 2005

I forgot to add:

The first of the two listings was filmed for SAMP (South Asia Microform
Prohject)  at the BL, and is likely from Serampore.  The second is the
only Tulsidas Ramcharitmanas at the BL from the 1830s.  The source of
both citations is "Holdings of 19th Century publications at the British
Library's Oriental and Indian Office Collections" at <
http://dsal.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/oioc.py>, which is more complete than
the on-line catalogue at the BL.

*******

Tulasidasa, 1532-1623. Ramayana [microform]. Calcutta, 1810. 101, 83,
21, 9, 17, 39, 44 p. ; 4to. Each book has a separate pagination.;
Missing t.p.; Master microform held by: British Library.; Microfilm.
London : British Library, 1992. On 1 microfilm reel with other items :
negative ; 35mm. (SAMP 19th-century Hindi project); In Hindi.
Poetry; Mythological
In: Hindi Record no. 11145 ; British Library shelfmark 279/49.M.3 &
14158.c.47.(7.)

Tulasidasa. Ramayana, also called Ramacharitamanasa. Cawnpore, 1832.
336 p. ; 4vo. An epic poem, in seven books or kandas, on the life of
Rama, based on the Sanskrit epic of Valmiki.; Lithographed edition.
Poetry - Religious and Mythological.
In: Hindi Record no. 24825 ; British Library shelfmark 14158.g.19.