e-Monier Williams Dictionary for Macs

Elizabeth De Michelis e.demichelis at DIVINITY.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Jan 29 17:20:36 UTC 2005

Dear All

I have tried installing some e-versions of the Monier Williams Sanskrit
dictionary on my computer, but they were for PCs and as I am a Mac-only
user I found they were not compatible with my Mac.

One of the versions I tried (based on the Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon)
worked in all respects except - the resident IT expert tells me - that the
fonts provided were not compatible with a Mac. Thus I do get access to the
html pages (one for each letter of the alphabet), but the Sanskrit
characters show up as, for example, [khakAra]3[kha--kAra] rather than in
correct transliteration or Devanagari.

Would any of you be able to suggest:

1) how to get hold of a Mac-compatible font for the above programme

AND / OR

2) Whether Mac-compatible e-versions of the MW exist, and how to get hold
of them if they do.

Many thanks for any suggestion

With best wishes to you all

                                                                                                                Elizabeth De Michelis

Dr Elizabeth De Michelis
University of Cambridge
Faculty of Divinity                                                                                                                                             Tel +44-(0)1223-763015
West Road                                                                                                                                                                                                               Fax +44-(0)1223-763014
Cambridge, UK      CB3 9BS

for details of recently published book please see
http://www.divinity.cam.ac.uk/CARTS/dhiir/publications/modyoga.html