post doctoral research

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Wed Jan 19 02:08:29 UTC 2005

I assume from your Rediffmail address you are currently in India and are
an Indian citizen.  If you are interested inter alia in study in the
U.S., the official clearing place for information about educational
opportunities and fellowships in the U.S. is the United States
Educational Foundation in India (USEFI) (Fulbright). They are NOT
solely concerned with the Fulbright Fellowships that they give out.  The
website is <>.  Also, I assume you can
get some information at the American Libraries (formerly United States
Information Service (USIA)) in the "big four" cities.  See
<>.  On the other hand, some
have been discontented with the extreme focus of the Libraries in recent
years on electronic resources.  You can get a list of U.S. and Canadian
libraries with a serious commitment to South Asia, and therefore a list
of those with programs in South Asian Studies, by looking at the list of
the Committee on South Asian Libraries and Documentation (CONSALD) at
<>.  Many of these have History
of Religions departments.  If you are not primarily concerned with a
program of comparative religious studies focusing specifically on South
Asia, I would find it harder to advise you and suggest you talk to
Fulbright , and ask other colleagues on this list to make suggestions.

Allen Thrasher

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian
Southern Asia Section
Asian Division
Library of Congress
Jefferson Building 150
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
tel. 202-707-3732
fax 202-707-1724
athr at
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library
of Congress.

>>> sucindram_omlr at REDIFFMAIL.COM 1/18/2005 9:38:23 AM >>>

Dear Collegeus,

              I would like to do post doctoral research in Religion,
Can you help me in this regard ?. I have a doctorate in Sanskrit and my
field of research is hindu mythology.

with regards,

Dr. Anand

More information about the INDOLOGY mailing list