Sanskrit Google

Kengo Harimoto k.harimoto at LET.RUG.NL
Tue Jan 18 01:59:30 UTC 2005

> Google has a Sanskrit search engine now, with internet (antarajaalam)
> etc. search
>
> http://www.google.com/intl/sa/
>
> Looks like using Itrans transliteration, with a mid-Indian
> (Gujarati-Marathi-Telugu-Oriya) twist: e.g., krushna  for kRSNa

UTF-8 देवनागरी works, too.  Amazing.  I've come across
http://sa.wikipedia.org/wiki/  (Sanskrit version of Wikipedia) that
way.

Devanāgarī search works with regular google.  I should have expected
this, since google has always accepted utf-8.  This is just a Sanskrit
interface, like Japanese, Dutch, etc.  Still, very funny on google's
part :)

--
kengo harimoto