elves: Indic counterpart?

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Tue Feb 8 18:32:35 UTC 2005

Pace Monier-Williams, vetAla *certainly* doesn't mean elf--it's some
sort of undead spirit that animates corpses.   (Come to think of it,
it might do for 'wraith', and certainly for the things in the Dead
Marshes).

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK