diacritics

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at ORIENTALIA.ORG
Thu Feb 3 08:03:06 UTC 2005

There are many free fonts out there working with MS Word and pretending to
be Unicode compliant, but except for the Code2000, I still didn't see any
full-fledged Unicode font that will adequately cover both Deva and
diacritics on the Web. When I try to read the Sanskrit Wikipedia with Arial
Unicode MS loaded, what I see is totally misplaced ligatures and disjoined
duplets and triplets.

On the other hand, Mr. Ulrich Stiehl of www.sanskritweb.net has kindly
debugged Code2000 and is of the opinion that this is the most defective
Unicode font ever produced and should not be recommended to anyone.

So I am still in total puzzlement does any font properly process Deva and
diacritics for the Web (without destroyng one's Widows registry, as I was
told by such a distinguished font expert like Mr. Stiehl).

Regards,

Plamen

> Thanks to all who gave suggestions.  I successfully downloaded and
installed a true type font that works.  Namaskaram.