e-Monier Williams Dictionary for Macs

adheesh sathaye adheesh at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Feb 3 04:42:28 UTC 2005

I have been using Virtual PC recently for assembling a font
recommendations page [since I work on MAC OSX and most Unicode Open
Type Devanagari fonts are non-functional in OSX]. It does work, in the
sense that one indeed may run Windows applications inside a window in
Mac OSX, but it is often inordinately slow. Especially if you wish to
run any Mac programs at the same time. Furthermore, on occasion it has
caused my Mac to do something it would never otherwise do: crash. I
would recommend using this method sparingly.

Adheesh Sathaye
South Asia Language Resource Center
University of  Chicago