INDIAN JOURNAL OF HISTORY OF SCIENCE

Dominik Wujastyk d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Aug 10 14:49:44 UTC 2005

As a member of the editorial board of the IJHS, I should like to encourage
indologists to bear the journal in mind as a place for publishing
contributions on any aspect of the history of science.

The IJHS is brought out by the Indian National Science Academy, India's
premiere representative body for science.  The journal has plans for
online publication in the future, and the editors are working hard to
strengthen it's reputation and quality.

I attach a listing of the contents of the current issue.

--
Dr Dominik Wujastyk
Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellow

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/histmed

INDIAN JOURNAL OF HISTORY OF SCIENCE
VOL 40; PART 2; 2005
ISSN 0019-5235

pp. 139-152
Eclipse Period Number 3339 in the Rgveda
Iyengar, R. N.
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426867&field=zid

pp. 153-168
Management of Fistula in Ano in Ancient Greek and Ayurvedic Medicine - A Historical Analysis
Manohar, P. R.
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426878&field=zid

pp. 169-204
Hipparchus's 3600 - based Chord Table and its Place in the History of Ancient Greek and Indian Trigonometry
Klintberg, B.
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426880&field=zid

pp. 205-222
Hindus' Scientific Contributions in Indo-Persian
Ansari, S. M. R.
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426893&field=zid

pp. 223-228
Kelkar Committee's Proposed all India Calendar
Abhyankar, K. D.
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426904&field=zid

pp. 229-250
The Gifts of Physics to Modern Medicine
Majumdar, S. K.
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426910&field=zid

pp. 251-252
Arun Kumar Biswas, Father Eugene Lafont of St. Xaviar College, Kolkata and Contemporary Science Movement
Kumar, D.
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426923&field=zid

pp. 253-255
Workshop in History of Science at INSA - A Report
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426934&field=zid

pp. 255-257
Fifth International Conference on Oriental Astronomy in in Thailand - A
Report
http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/wzgw?terms=RN171426946&field=zid