new Indo-Eurasian list opens

romila@spacpl.com romila at SPACPL.COM
Wed Apr 6 17:49:57 UTC 2005

Dear Michael,
I would like to join the new list, but am having a problem with signing in.
I do not have a yahoo address. Is that necessary ? Or can I be signed in
anyway.
Romila

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Michael Witzel witzel at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 06:50:07 +0900
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: new Indo-Eurasian list opens

Dear List,

On behalf of the three of us (M. Witzel, G. Thompson, and S. Farmer),
below you'll find the formal announcement for the new
Indo-Eurasian_Research List.

All researchers who sign up on the List will be unmoderated; please
note that it is the intent of this Research List to focus on large and
often controversial issues; the List is open to all, which we think is
essential to the healthy growth of the field; but posts from
non-professional sources or those we view as reflecting prescientific
or nationalistic ideologies will be moderated in the unique (and we
think eminently fair) way reviewed at the end of the announcement.

We will be announcing the formation of the List in a number of online
forums in the next week, including the present  one, _Electronic
Journal of
Vedic Studies_. We would like the help of current List members in
posting
the announcement online wherever appropriate and, of course, in
initiating
and helping to guide List discussions.
This is a public List both by and for progressive professional
researchers.

To sign up, go to:

For an overview of the List aims and moderation procedures, see below
or go to:

http://www.safarmer.com/Indo-Eurasian.html

Cheers -- MW

Michael Witzel
Department of Sanskrit and Indian Studies, Harvard University
1 Bow Street , Cambridge MA 02138
1-617-495 3295           Fax: 496 8571
direct line:       496 2990
http://witzel@fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm