meru

Cohen, Signe cohens at MISSOURI.EDU
Sat Sep 11 14:38:54 UTC 2004

The Merutantra is a Sanskrit text referring to foreigners living in London and speaking mantras in a foreign language while conquering the earth. The text has been published by
Khemaraj Shrikrishnadas, Bombay 1993. Since the text clearly refers to British colonialists, it is difficult to believe that it is from the eighth century. The nineteenth century would perhaps be more likely?

Best regards.
Signe Cohen

I have come across a text called Merutantra.  I understand this is a
Sanskrit text from the eighth century.  I would be grateful if you could
suggest places where I can get more information about this work.

regards

D. Venkat Rao