SV: Devanagari

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Sat Oct 30 06:53:19 UTC 2004

Are there any plans to produce a version for Apple Mac?

There still seem to be no freeware or shareware Devanagari fonts for
Mac with all the ligatures for Sanskrit.  Even xdvng lacks some
extremely common ones.  (At least, I've never worked out how to make
it write kta or cca in their Sanskrit forms.)  I have found similar
problems with the older version of Itrans for Mac, and the Mac's own
Indian Language Kit.  The latter also seems to conflict with some of
the Mac's other software.

This is something of a perennial quest, but has anyone found anything
useful that has been created recently?

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK