Yogasutras

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at ORIENTALIA.ORG
Tue Oct 12 14:23:38 UTC 2004

If this contains the same comments (bhAsvatI) of Hariharananda Aranya on the
Vyasa-bhasya, which are included in the Yoga-darsana cited before, that
would be a wonderful text.
Provided the translation is full and faithful.

Plamen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandra Smets" <smets at ORI.UCL.AC.BE>
To: <INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: Yogasutras

I may perhaps suggest the following edition and translation of the YS (with
the commentary of Vyaasa) :
H. Ara.nya (ed.), Yoga philosophy of Pataïjali : containing his yoga
aphorisms with commentary of Vyaasa in original Sanskrit, and annotations
thereon with copious hints on the practice of yoga, rendered into English
by P.N. Mukerji, Calcutta : University of Calcutta, 1963 (19772, 19813).

Sandra SMETS

Institut orientaliste - Centre d'Etudes de l'Inde et de l'Asie du Sud-Est
Place Blaise Pascal, 1
B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgique