Re: Dyadviveda's Niitimaqjarii on Puruuravas and Urva/sii

Muneo TOKUNAGA mtokunag at BUN.KYOTO-U.AC.JP
Fri Oct 8 04:08:36 UTC 2004

pp.325-26

striijito na bhaved ity artha(m) aaha --

na striijitaH pramuuDhaH syaad gaaDharaagavazaM gataH /
raajorvazyaa jito muuDho duHkham aapa puruuravaaH //153//

tathaa ca bRhaddevataa (7/147-153) --

(After the BD text, fifteen verses are quoted from VAD.
You will find the latter text in Macdonell's edition of the
SarvaanukramaNii.)

Actually the BD text quoted in the NM edition in question is 7.147-152.
The text is not identical but the verse numbers correspond
to those in Macdonell's edition of the BRhaddevatA.
So see his edition (HOS ser. Vol. V, 1904), pt.1, p.91.
For more information, see my new edition of the BRhaddevataa (Kyoto,
1997), 7.117-23(pp.135-36) and the explanatory notes on the verses
(pp.280-81).

If you do want to check the exact text quoted in the NM (Benares 1933)
, which I don't think very meaningful, (as well as the VAD verses in
Macdonell's SA), I will type and send it to you personally.

Tokunaga
Kyoto

--
Muneo TOKUNAGA <mtokunag at bun.kyoto-u.ac.jp>