Mac vs. PC (was: Re: Devanagari)

Dominik Wujastyk d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Nov 12 13:46:35 UTC 2004

In case you don't already know it, there's a marvellous little book by
Neal Stephenson (of _Cryptonomicon_ fame) called _In the Beginning was the
Command Line_.  I was put on to this by Gary Tubb, and it remains one of
my favourite computing books.  It's very funny, and explores the whole
Mac/PC/Linux debate with great good cheer and insight.  (It was written
before the Mac world went Unix, with OS X.)

Dominik

PS: I've just found the whole thing on the web!
   http://www.cryptonomicon.com/beginning.html and
   http://artlung.com/smorgasborg/C_R_Y_P_T_O_N_O_M_I_C_O_N.shtml