Devanagari

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Fri Nov 12 11:25:29 UTC 2004

I have been following the correspondence about Devanagari with
interest and increasing frustration.   Isn't there anyone else who,
like me, just wants a Mac font (or set of fonts) with all the
ligatures for correct Sanskrit?

I don't see why I should have to buy OS X (and probably a new
computer to run it on) just to try what sounds like yet another Hindi
font.  I'm not bothered about Unicode, cross-platform compatibility
and all the rest of it, so long as I can print out Sanskrit teaching
materials with accuracy.    (Vedic accent marks would be nice, but I
can manage without them.)

At least one good Sanskrit (free) font has been available for PC for
at least 10 years now.  Why is there apparently nothing for Mac,
apart from the very expensive commercial ones?

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK