mail anomalies

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Mar 19 12:22:03 UTC 2004

Something odd seems to be happening here over the past few weeks, fairly
regularly, with incoming msgs from the Indology list -- I am getting some
msgs, including mys own, several days after they were presumably posted,
sometimes I am getting replies long before the preceding msgs to which they
reply themselves finally arrive.  Eg. I got Jonathan's correction ('gyun =
'gyur) three days before I got the relevent msg it corrects !  The recent
msg from Vasudeva posted 13/03 finally arrived here on 18/03 -- this was
particularly annoying because I sent a msg making the same points several
days before the 13/03 but it never got posted so I had to resend it -- only
to be told off-list by Arlo Griffiths that somebody had already made those
suggestions which I had not yet seen at that point.

This problem seems to be unique to the Indology list as far as I am
concerned but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge