Intro to Malayalam?

John Peterson jpeterso at UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Wed Jul 28 08:12:52 UTC 2004

Dear George,

> A student who is planning to go to Kerala to study yoga and dance
> traditions
> has asked me to recommend good beginning grammars of Malayalam [in
> Engish].
> She has good language skills, but only in European languages.  I pass this
> on to the list's ziSTas.

I suggest she look at Rodney Moag's Malayalam grammar/introductory course.
It's a two-volume course (covering two semesters) and covers virtually all
aspects of the language. There are also cassettes which she can purchase.
She should write directly to Rodney (Uof Texas/Austin) for the details. I
found the book very good and highly recommend it!

All the best,
John

--
John Peterson