Snakes

Arlo Griffiths a.griffiths at THEOL.RUG.NL
Thu Jul 8 13:48:00 UTC 2004

The article on Vedic p.rdaakusaanu- by A. Lubotsky in the most recent
issue of IIJ (47.1, spring 2004) contains some information that might
be of interest to you. It is there proposed that in Vedic tira;siraaji-
denoted the Banded Krait, and that p.rdaaku-, besides denoting the
panther, could also by extension denote Russel's viper.

Arlo Griffiths