Muktabodha Dissertation Fellowships

Skora, Kerry SkoraKM at HIRAM.EDU
Tue Jan 27 14:49:16 UTC 2004

Dear Bill,

I met you briefly at the AAR a couple of years ago (I am a friend of Amir Mohammadi, and Ellen Marshall, and I wrote my DSS on Abhinavagupta's notion of "vimarsha" in the _Tantraaloka_ with David White at Virginia).  I am taking a mini-sabbatical next fall to work on Abhinavagupta (hoping to finish a book on "vimarsha" and/or work on my _Tantraaloka_ translations and get them published (I have translated substantial amounts from chapters 3, 4, 29, and 35).

I am wondering if Muktabodha offers any other kinds of grants that I might be eligible for as a pre-tenured Ph.D.

Thank you for whatever you are able to tell me.

All the Best,

Kerry

Kerry Martin Skora
Department of Religious Studies
Hiram College
Hiram, Ohio 44234
USA
330-569-5149
skorakm at hiram.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahony, Bill [mailto:bimahony at DAVIDSON.EDU]
Sent: Tue 1/20/2004 2:58 PM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: Muktabodha Dissertation Fellowships

	Dear INDOLOGY Colleagues,

	Please feel free to announce these dissertation research fellowships to any students you feel would be qualified and interested in applying.

	Thank you,

	William K. Mahony
	Professor of Religion
	Davidson College
	President,
	Muktabodha Indological Research Institute.

	***********

	NAME OF FELLOWSHIP:

	Muktabodha Indological Research Institute
	Dissertation Research Fellowships in Hindu Studies

	AMOUNT OF AWARD

	$10,000 per student, to be used between June 2004 and December 2005.

	QUALIFICATIONS:

	Applicants must have completed their doctoral coursework in a Religion, South Asian Studies, or related program and are now undertaking their dissertation research. Fellows will normally use their grants to support them while undertaking research in India.

	FIELDS OF STUDY:

	Preference will be given to the study of textual sources of the Hindu Tantric tradition. However, applications from other fields of Hindu studies are also welcome.

	APPLICATION DEADLINE:

	March 1, 2004.

	ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARDS:

	March 15, 2004.

	FOR APPLICATION MATERIALS, PLEASE CONTACT:

	Muktabodha Indological Research Institute
	P. O. Box 8585
	Emeryville, CA  94662
	www.muktabodha.org
	info at muktabodha.org