Statement on BORI

John Brockington J.L.Brockington at ED.AC.UK
Fri Jan 9 10:46:01 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

The planned open letter concerning the ransacking of the Bhandarkar
Institute is welcome.  You might like to know also that Professor R. K.
Sharma and I have also each been making representations on behalf of the
International Association of Sanskrit Studies in appropriate quarters.  The
more such representations are made, individually or collectively, the better
in registering the depth of feeling in the scholarly community about this.
This is a more positive response than simply discussion on this list, where
information (or URLs to such info) seems to me more useful.

Yours

John Brockington

Professor J. L. Brockington
Secretary General, International Association of Sanskrit Studies

Sanskrit, School of Asian Studies
7-8 Buccleuch Place
Edinburgh   EH8 9LW        U.K.

tel:  +131 650 4174