Nepalese ms destruction

Jonathan Silk silk at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Wed Jan 7 22:52:26 UTC 2004

A question:

And Michael wrote:

>Are you SURE about the mss?  The newpaper at the time (see below)  spoke
>only of printed  books, and a friend whom I asked mentioned only, if I
>recall correctly,  "office materials, files" not mss.  I also  doubt that
>they would have collected 12,000 or even 50,000 mss. in just 14 years...

Michael is the idea person to answer the following: if there were Skt
MSS in this University, would not we expect that they had been
photographed by the NGMPP? (Not that this would make the destruction
of the mss any more palatable, of course).

JAS

--
Jonathan Silk
Department of East Asian Languages & Cultures
silk at humnet.ucla.edu