graaha/nakra/makara

John Huntington huntington.2 at OSU.EDU
Sun Feb 15 16:11:28 UTC 2004

Actually, the artistic evidence suggests other wise.
Although there is a evolving and ever increasing elaboration to
representations of the makara, the fundamental elements of this
creature remain remarkably constant.  We have other auspicious
components (e.g., shardula and vyalaka) that also are astonishingly
consistant.

John C. Huntington