Science Mag: "no Indus script"

Dean Anderson dean_anderson at SACARI.ORG
Wed Dec 29 17:26:21 UTC 2004

I think in general George and I agree on the inability to make
definitive statements about the IVC due to a lack of certain crucial
pieces of evidence. I should point out that I did not include the
proto-Ziva identification among those things that I consider "undoubted"
but rather among those that are widely, but not universally, accepted by
many mainstream scholars. Those familiar with the discussion of
IVC-South Asian continuity may note that I did not mention at all many
other much more controversial issues.

Regarding proto-Ziva other identifications have included MahiSa
(Hiltebeitel) and S.R. Rao (Agni). I cite these just as examples of
other scenarios all of which are possible since, at this time, we really
have no way to confidently judge at all.

Dean Anderson