Indological libraries and teh tsunami

NKP veera veerankp at SIFY.COM
Mon Dec 27 12:09:37 UTC 2004

Quoting  Palaniappa at AOL.COM:

I was also afraid of such a situation since IFP library in pondy will be the first to be hit in such a case. Fortunately there is no such horrible effect on the city of pondy. I called a freind yesterday for this.
veeranarayana

> Dear Indology colleagues,

Does anyone know if the tsunami that struck<br>the coastal areas of Andhra,
Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry caused any<br>damage to the manuscript libraries in
Chennai and Pondicherry. For<br>instance, if my memory is correct, the U.V.S library is
not very far<br>from the sea and a low-rise building at that.

Thanks.

Regards
S.<br>Palaniappan