Science Mag: "no Indus script"

Dominik Wujastyk d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Dec 20 16:56:43 UTC 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, jkirk wrote:

> Well--I certianly care and wouldd like to see the discussion continued here.
> However, if not I can always go to the other list.
> Joanna Kirkpatrick

I think Joanna has hit the nail on the head here: if this particular
discussion is already thriving on some other list, like ScholarlyServices,
then why divert it from there to here, or duplicate things?  Is there any
bar to interested parties joining up or just passively reading the
ScholarlyServices or Indology at yahoo lists?  Not every list has to cover
every topic.  The main thing is that the topic gets an intelligent
discussion *somewhere*, and that interested parties should know where that
is and be able to participate.

(This is just my personal view, not a committee view.)

Best,
Dominik