Indology.Info

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at ORIENTALIA.ORG
Wed Apr 28 14:00:43 UTC 2004

Nice domain, Dominik. Congratulations! :-)
And I really appreciate the academic atmosphere in this list.

BTW, I recall a big Internet Buddhist forum closed last year because of fundamentailst and sectarian views propagated.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dominik Wujastyk
  To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
  Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 2:40 PM
  Subject: The integrity of this INDOLOGY list (was: Re: fixed link--Stcherbatsky and Indology sub-domains)

  The phrase "out of India" has occurred only about 100 times in the
  INDOLOGY discussion in the last ten years, and not at all in the last
  three years, ...  until Plamen himself used the expression.

  I can understand and sympathise with Plamen's criticism of the many
  intemperate online discussions about Indian history and culture.  But this
  INDOLOGY list has worked hard specifically on this issue - which became a
  serious problem in the mid- to late 1990s, and led to the temporary
  closing of the list.  I believe the new INDOLOGY, under the guidance of
  its managing committee, has been successful in providing a safe forum for
  the informed and reasonable discussion of Indology, without being too
  dogmatic either.

  I am sure that several of our members are also interested in Buddhist
  logic.

  Please note that Plamen has hired the web address
     http://www.indology.net
  This has no connection with the present list, nor with my
  INDOLOGY website, which is at
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/indology.html
  or
    http://www.indology.info