Help sought with astronomical/astrological terms

Martin Gansten Martin.Gansten at TEOL.LU.SE
Wed May 14 08:49:10 UTC 2003

>Can anyone help me with the terms naSTa, muSTi, culaka and mASaka?

naSTa-jAtaka is the art of reconstructing a lost/unknown horoscope;
naSTa-[prApti]-prazna is a form of horary astrology concerned with the
whereabouts of lost or stolen goods. I would suppose the former meaning to
be the more likely here. I believe muSTi refers to another form of prazna,
where the astrologer is to divine the nature of an object held in the
querent's closed hand, but I can't help with the other two.

Regards,
Martin Gansten