your mail

Frances Pritchett fp7 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Mar 26 14:19:29 UTC 2003

Dear Christian,

How about a paper on the ghazals of Ghalib as shaped by a poetics of oral
performance, and thus implicitly distorted by modern printed
presentations?

If this doesn't suit your interests don't hesitate to let me know, it's
just a thought and might not be the direction you want to go in for the
panel.

I still hate "the vernaculars," it sounds so patronizing. Why not "the
regional languages" or something of the sort?

see you soon I hope,
Fran