"South Indian Scripts ..." : Corrections

gruenendahl gruenen at MAIL.SUB.UNI-GOETTINGEN.DE
Mon Mar 17 16:23:59 UTC 2003

Dear list members,
I have to apologize for a defective font change in my book
"South Indian Scripts ...", which I discovered only this
weekend: On pp. 174-177 of the Kannada section my printer
confused the sub-fonts for i- and e-ligatures. In other parts
of the book such as the list of Kannada "conjuncts" and the
outline table this defect does not occur.

I was aware of this problem, and to have overlooked it here is
nobody's fault but mine.
For those who already have a copy, a PDF-file with the
corrected pages is available for download/print from:

www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/temp/sis_corr.htm

Copies distributed from now on will include these corrections.

Remorsefully

Reinhold Grünendahl
******

Dr. Reinhold Gruenendahl
Niedersaechsische Staats- und Universitaetsbibliothek
Fachreferat sued- und suedostasiatische Philologien
(Dept. of Indology)

37070 Göttingen, Germany
Tel (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 52 83
Fax (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 23 61
gruenen at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de

FACH-INFORMATIONEN INDOLOGIE, GOETTINGEN:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindolo.htm
In English:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindole.htm

GRETIL - Goettingen Register of Electronic Texts in Indian
Languages
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/gretil.htm