lion - "five-faced"

Dominic Goodall ddsg at SATYAM.NET.IN
Wed Jan 15 07:31:09 UTC 2003

A word that might be relevant to this discussion and that seems not to have
been mentioned in it yet is pa~ncikaa.  Although it is not uncommonly
regarded as a variant form of pa~njikaa, might it not actually be another
derivate (like, perhaps, prapa~nca) of a root pac or pa~nc `To diffuse,
elaborate' (Apte s.v. pac II and pa~nc)?  Are those roots too to be
connected with the numeral?

Dominic Goodall