Buddhist Relics from Bhilsa Topes

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Sat Jan 11 07:40:55 UTC 2003

The reliquaries, artefacts etc are indeed in the British Museum.  But
the bodily relics (of the two chief Arahats, SAriputta and
MoggallAna) were given into the keeping of the Bhikkhu-saGgha in Sri
Lanka.

This is from memory, so I can't at present provide a reference.

Dr Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK