None

Christian Lee Novetzke cln at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Tue Feb 18 17:07:23 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am forwarding this announcement on behalf of Madhu Kishwar.  Please
respond directly to her.

Christian

Deadline Extended for Indian Scholars

We have received many requests from interested scholars in Indian
Universities and research institutions for an extension of the deadline for
submission of proposals from January 31 because they received information
about this conference very late, and that too only through hearsay. We had
sent posters to hundreds of academic institutions announcing the conference
"Call for Papers". However, in a number of cases these posters were never
put up. Hence the communication gap.

We regret very much that we failed to advertise our Conference through
academic journals with a wide reach and relied mainly on wall posters and
email postings. Even though the response to our conference is already
overwhelming, we are extending the deadline for submission of panel/paper
proposals for Indian scholars to make amends for our lapse. All those who
have submitted their proposals by January 31, will be informed about the
decision of the Selection Committee in February itself. Those sending
proposals late, will be informed accordingly.

Extended Deadline for submission: March 10, 2003.

Christian Lee Novetzke
Assistant Professor of South Asia Studies
University of Pennsylvania, 820 Williams Hall
36th and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305, USA

Email: cln at sas.upenn.edu      Website: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~cln
Tel: (215) 898-7475                  Fax: (215) 573-2138