he.dhra?

fsmith fsmith at BLUE.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Tue Feb 18 00:42:15 UTC 2003

Many thanks to Robert and Dominik. Yes, I have encountered a number of
demonesses with non IA names, including in the texts Domimik mentions. My
impression from the medical and tantric texts I have been examining is that
there was, on the ground, a very short distance between Sanskritic and
non-Sanskritic cultures. This, of course, is increasingly well-known. Now see
Ronald Davidson, Indian Esoteric Buddhism: A Social History of the Tantric
Movement (Columbia Univ. Press, 2002).

regards
Fred